Big Data Architect, Requirements and Responsibilities to get the Job
- Lead strategic consulting engagements for Perficient that quickly deliver high-value solutions for our clients. This involves full lifecycle delivery of advanced business intelligence and data warehousing systems.
- Represent Perficient as the primary on-site technical contact at client sites.
- Be a subject matter expert in data warehouse appliances to include Big Data and Analytical solutions.
- Provide technical and managerial leadership in a team that designs and develops path breaking large-scale cluster data processing systems
- Assisting Perficient’s customers develop strategies that maximize the value of their data
- Establish Perficient’s thought leadership in the OSS and Appliances big data space by contributing white-papers, blog entries, and perspectives.
To succeed in this role you should:
- Have broad set of technology skills to be able to design and build robust solutions for analyze big data
- Ability to learn quickly as the industry grows
- Understand business drivers and impacts
- Be able to grasp the problem at hand and recognize appropriate approach, tools and technologies to solve it
- Ability to be objective in evaluating technical solutions
- Have a process driven mindset.
- Leverage social media to establish thought-leadership
- BS, MS in Computer Science, Math, or relevant Business Administration specialty
- 7+ Years dealing with leading edge business intelligence and data warehousing systems.
- Balance of industry and consulting experience.
- In depth understanding of different architected approaches to managing and querying large data sets
- Experience leading data warehouse and/or big data platform selection projects
- Hands on with one or more high-scale or distributed RDBMS and Big Data platforms (SAP HANA, IBM Netezza/Big Insights Infosphere, HP Vertica, Oracle Exadata and Big Data Appliance)
- Hands-on experience with ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) tools (e.g. Informatica, Talend, Pentaho)
- Hands-on experience with BI tools and reporting software (e.g. SAP BI, Microstrategy, Pentaho)
- Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Amazon Web Services EC2, Elastic MapReduce) and considerations for scalable, distributed systems
- Knowledge of leading edge statistical software packages (e.g. SAS, SPSS, KXEN)
- Knowledge of Hadoop and NoSQL platforms (e.g. key-value stores, graph databases, RDF triple stores)
- Above average interpersonal, communication and presentation skills – must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide and non-technical audience
- Self-starter, with a keen interest in technology and highly motivated towards success
- Ability bring clarity to ambiguous situations
- Proven ability to work in fast-paced, agile environments