Installing Zend Server CE in Windows Server 2008 to run Moodle 2.0 using MySQL and Apache Server
1. Go to http://www.zend.com/en/products/server-ce/downloads and download Zend Server for Windows
2. Run the installation files
3. Zend Server CE installation wizard
4. Welcome to Zend Server Community Edition 5.1 Installer. To continue click Next
5. Accept the term of the license agreement
6. Select the installation Method. I am going for custom installation since I want to add PHPAdmin and MySQL
8. Installing an Apache Web Server in Windows 2008 Server. Destination as D drive.
9. Default Port for Apache in Windows Server
10.Installation Settings Summary for Zend Server in Windows Server
12. End User License Agreement. Add a check mark for the agreement and click next
13. Set a password for your Zend Server Administration Interface
14. Newsletter Registration is optional and click next to access Administration Interface
15. Under Task click on Open phpMyAdmin
16. By default phpMyAdmin password for Zend Server installation in Windows Server is none. User name is root
user name: root
17. Once you login into phpMyAdmin, you will see this message in the bottom of the screen saying root with no password
18. Click on Privileges in phpMyAdmin and setup a password for Root.
This is how you install Zend Server in Windows 2008 server using phpMyAdmin and MySQL server. In my next blog, I will speak about how you can install Moodle in Apache server.